this is a cold vegetable soup called gazpacho. here's a wiki link if you'd like to know the origin and whatnot... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazpacho i made a fresh batch today for dinner tonight, and i didn't even have a single disaster, yay me! i hope you like it...
Yields: enough for my husband and i to each have a bowl for dinner and me to have lunch the next day
- 8 oz. V8 juice (i buy generic and it tastes just as good)
- 12 oz. spicy V8 (also generic, but if you have Snappy Tom in your store, it's yummy!)
- about a 2 second pour of apple cider vinegar
- 2 pinches of cumin (i use BIG pinches, i love the stuff)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- a couple of stalks of celery
- green pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic (more or less, it's up to you)
- about a cup or so of italian bread crumbs
- rosemary or other herbs from your garden?
- i like to mix all the liquid ingredients, salt & pepper together first to get the taste how i like it before i start adding the veggies
- cut up all veggies into bite size pieces and add to mix (i like to keep mine in pieces, but if you'd like a creamier soup you can throw the veggies in the cuisinart) try other veggies, too. these are what we like, but i'm sure it would be great with your favorites.
- today i'm trying something new, fresh rosemary from the garden. i chopped it up into fine little pieces and threw it in (about a teaspoon or so.) i just thought though, you could probably put in a whole stem or 2 of it and then take it out before you serve it, hmmm.
- add bread crumbs
- chill in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight to marry the flavors